STEIN SEAL EVALUATION & REPAIR
Before any seal repair is begun, our engineers perform a visual inspection of the seal and present a thorough report documenting the findings at each stage, as well as a quote for any repairs deemed necessary to return the seal to its original condition.
SEAL EVALUATION FOR REPAIRS
After receiving a purchase order for the evaluation process, we begin our extensive seal evaluation process, documenting each step.
Stein’s seal evaluation process is valued for its thoroughness and expediency. First, the seal is visually inspected, decontaminated and cleaned upon arrival. Next, the seal is thoroughly disassembled. Each part is cleaned, photographed and documented. Then, we perform visual and mechanical inspections on all components.
Having completed our evaluation, the findings are presented to the customer along with a comprehensive description of our suggested course of repair and a price quote.
EVALUATION & REPAIR STEPS
RECEIPT AND INSPECTION
- Receiving Inspection
- Environmental Decontamination and Cleaning of Primary Seal assembly
- Cleaning of internal components as required
- Visual inspection
- Mechanical inspection
- Findings are presented to the customer with a price quote for repairs.
- The customer generates a new purchase order.
- Repairs are executed
- The seal is inspected and tested if required.
SHIPPING & TRANSPORT
- The seals are packaged per industry standards.
- A certificate of performance and, if required, a certificate of origin are shipped with the seal.
- Transportation is performed in accordance with customer specifications.
- Seals and seal components are shipped EX-Works from the Stein Seal industrial repair facility unless otherwise required. Custom packaging requests can usually be accommodated.