DYNAMIC SEAL TESTING SERVICES
In our 7,000-square-foot Dynamic Test Lab are over 25 dynamic test rigs, including two custom inter-shaft rigs. Designed to Stein’s high standards, these rigs can be reconfigured quickly for multiple programs to provide fast, concurrent, cost-efficient testing of our products and any related components for our customers.
Each rig has fully automatic data collection and control via National Instruments hardware and software and can run a fully automated test cycle 24/7. The control computer allows the operator to monitor seal and rig performance in real-time while setting the limits of critical parameters to simulate any operating environment. This lets Stein engineers accurately predict and verify the performance of any mechanical seal under the most extreme conditions it can be expected to face.
INTER-SHAFT RIG FEATURES
Our custom inter-shaft rigs feature two independently controlled spindles that allow testing of inter-shaft seals, such as piston rings.
- Rotation: 30,000 rpm on the high-speed spindle, 18,000 rpm on the low-speed spindle, counter-rotating or co-rotating
- Seal Air: 150 psi, 850°F, 120 SCFM
- Runner/Seal Oil
- 100 psi, 250°F, 5 GPM
- Dynamic temperature monitoring of outer shaft via infra-red pyrometers.
GENERAL TEST CAPABILITIES
- Seal Diameters: up to 60 cm (24 inches)
- Shaft Speeds: up to 70,000 rpm
- Oil Pressures: up to 30,000 KPa (4,000 psi)
- Gas Pressures: up to 20,000 KPa (3,000 psi)
- Temperatures: up to 815° C (1,500°F)
TESTING IN ACTION