• Read and interpret drawings, blueprints and sketches to determine sequence and methods for machining components
• Use gages and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements
• Understand, interprets and writes basic codes/programs as needed
• Recognizes, deploys and properly uses inserts, fixtures and tooling
• Understands and the ability to perform tool wear offsets
• Verify part specifications with measuring instruments such as micrometer, vernier caliper, dial indicator and optical flats
• Operates manual lathe and mill as required
• Consult with engineering as necessary
• Performs daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance task on CNC machinery
• Maintains equipment and ensures work area is clean and safe at all times.
• Contributes to a team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Perform all task in a safe and responsible manner
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Technical Degree/Certification a plus
• 3 to 5 years of CNC machining experience
• Programing skills preferred, but not required
Set up and work with:
• Setting and operating CNC lathes & mills
• Basic machine shop equipment and hand/assembly tools
• Manual lathe, mill and cylindrical grinder.
• A comprehensive understanding of geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
• Perform basic mathematical calculations using decimals, fractions and/or metrics
• Good communication skills. Ability to communicate with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
• Must be organized, detail oriented and adhere to a high quality standards.
• Able to handle several tasks at a time and team oriented
• A positive and professional attitude with customers and co-workers
• Strong mechanical aptitude with basic troubleshooting skills is required
• Willingness to work overtime as needed
• Works independently and with others in a teamwork environment
• Basic computer skills such as opening, creating, and updating content in MS Word documents and Excel spreadsheets.
Stein Seal offers an excellent benefit package which includes: medical, dental, life insurance, short term disability, a 401(k) and a company paid Pension Plan.
We are located just off the Lansdale Exit of the PA Turnpike. Stop by and complete an application or email your resume to HireMe@steinseal.com.
Human Resources Manager
215-256-0201 at extension 242